Department of Dentistry
The unit has installed the latest orthopantomogram (OPG), which can give a panoramic X-ray scan of the upper jaw and the lower jaw in two-dimension, revealing all teeth. In addition to that, it has a modern RVG imaging equipment that provides high-quality diagnostic images containing detailed information. With the aid of such advanced equipment, dental surgeons can perform complex operations.
Some of the major procedures done by them include replantation of displaced teeth. They also perform oral and maxillofacial surgeries to treat diseases and disorders of the face and jaws including fractures. Other minor surgeries performed at the department include the removal of tissue covering an erupting tooth, extractions, treatment of oral malignancies and removal of cysts.
The department also offers orthodontic procedures like aligning teeth with the help of braces, endodontic measures like root-canal treatment and root-end surgery, periodontal procedures like removal of tartar and plaque from teeth by polishing and scaling besides removal of gum tissue and flap surgery. To help develop strong and healthy teeth in children, services like serial extraction, preventive dentistry, and care for deciduous teeth and application of sealant on pits and fissures are available.
As part of prosthodontic treatment, the department offers complete or partial replacement of missing teeth, teeth replacements that are fixed permanently, their removal, and teeth bleaching. It also does restoration of teeth using glass ionomer cement, silver amalgam and light-cured composites.
The department regularly conducts camps in schools to spread awareness about dental hygiene and treatment. It is planning to start dental implants for partial and full mouth rehabilitation.
Special clinical / diagnostic services
- Oral and Maxillo-Facial trauma & surgery
- Orthodontic corrections/Straightening of teeth
- Endodontic treatment: Root canal Procedure
- Minor oral surgical procedures: Impaction /cyst
- Prosthodontics: Removable and fixed dentures
- Periodontia: Flap Surgery
- General dentistry
- New chairs with touch control
- Ortho Pantamo Graph(OPG): A complete panoramic digital dental X-RAY
- Radio Visuo Graph(RVG): Dental X-Ray for root canal treatment, Bone density and implants
- Intra oral camera: A diagnostic aid for the patient
Department Of Dentistry
|Dr. Namineni Kiran Kumar
|Professor & HOD
|Dr. Ch. Himasilpa
|Dr. K. Anil Kumar
|Dr. M. Sailaja